a.k.a. gyoza or Chinese dumplings
This recipe is pretty organic, working with what you have! I think mushrooms make a pretty good filling (in lieu of fake meat), I added some tofu just to bulk it up.
Mushrooms (pack), diced
Onions (1/2), diced
Tofu (1/2 block), drained & crumbled
carrot (1/2 stick),
small bowl of water
Pack of pot sticker wrappers**
oil for frying
*Sesame oil really makes this meal, so try to use it!
**Big grocery stores don’t really carry vegan wrappers, but little Asian stores do.
1. Stir fry all the veggies and tofu together with a little sesame oil until all the vegetables are soft and the liquid is gone. Remove from heat.
2. Place about a small tablespoon size scoop of filling in the middle of a wrapper.
3. Dab your finger in the bowl of water and rub along half of the edge of the wrapper, making a semi circle. This will keep it together.
4. Bring edges together and pinch together while trying to make sure the air is pressed out. (There are also pot sticker presser which makes it a little easier!).
5. When you are finished, heat a frying pan on medium heat. Place pot stickers in pan and cover with a lid to steam the top (you will not flip them).
6. When the bottom is nice and brown, flip them out onto a plate!
Serve with a soy dipping sauce!