This was created as sort of a mish-mash of various recipes and suggestions.
It is OMNI-APPROVED. Two weeks later, Omni-monkey is still impressed by its flavor.
1 tub of soft or silken tofu
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 C oil (vegetable, canola, your pick)
1. In a food processor or blender, mix everything BUT the oil until nice and smooth.
2. Turn processor/blender ON. Through the opening at the top of most processors/blenders, SLOWLY drizzle the oil in a small stream.
*This lets the fats emulsify together to bind & thicken*
3. After you have finished pouring all the oil, CONTINUE letting it blend for another minute.
4. Check for taste (mainly salt). The consistency will still be a little runny. THIS IS NORMAL!
5. Transfer into an airtight container. CHILL at least one hour. The consistency should be thick and spreadable.
This will keep at least a couple of weeks if stored properly. Makes around 2 cups.